29.5.11

Hairy Sock by Ruta Kiskyte

How nice is the work of Ruta Kiskyte at Hairy Sock. She has just moved to Paris, for what I only feel "good envy", as we say in Spain (envidia de la buena). It's not really a bad feeling and it's not ashaming to feel it, because you're actually feeling glad for the other person ;).

Before having a look on her jewelry, let's focus on her amazing lookbook. Her whole aesthetic is dreamy and magical, and the light is that one of the sunlight in those days in which you are skipping school because you're ill (or you are just not where you were supposed to be) and everything around fascinates you, just because you are misplaced and aware of not being found.








And here are some of the items of her new collection. They all look so delicate to handle...

This are my two absolute favorites. The first one subtly reminds me of the drawings of the spanish poet from the Generation of the 27, Federico García Lorca.





This are also very beautiful, you can see some reference to the work of Ai Wei Wei which has been running until the 2nd of May 2011 at the Tate Modern.




You can find her on etsy, on facebook or on her website (a very nice one btw!). I like the irregular and handwritten typography of her website, which I always like and never really manage to make it work on my own things (maybe because I study Architecture!).

I think I've read somewhere she'll be soon selling at Howkapow, an amazing place to buy curious jewelry...nice!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario