11.6.11

Ostentatoire, Paris

While I was wandering around le Marais for some shopping, I got a bit lost searching for a quiet and not crowded café for my evening tea, and while I was slowly walking through rue Elzevir I found one of the nicest shop I've ever been to. I say this because I come from a very small city where this kind of shops may only be heard of in song, to quotate The King of Elfland's Daughter by Lord Dunsany (again).

Now that I think of it, it feels quite improbable to walk through a street with such a magical name and not finding something marvelous. The name Elzevir itself sounds a bit like a spell, and what I found was the land of OSTENTATOIRE.

Inside you'll find a selection of avant-garde jewelry by contemporary designers. The shop has the perfect size and atmosphere, the stuffed 'flying' crow made me think of sneaking into a magician's laboratory and get scared and observed by the look of it.

But don't let the crow scare you, the shop has a nice and light-wood coloured appearance. And the little wooden house with a wavy metallic roof where the register can be found made me want to give little screams and jump like a kid wanting to ride on a merry-go-round, 'There, dad, there I want to go'. Luckily I restrained myself to look serious, parisienne and chic.

And everything is full of all kinds of jewelry, from geometrical to figurative, from wooden to resine and metal, from humans to forest animals, from black to lots of lovely colors.

Ostentatoire Paris

Some other photos I took:










I have made a selection of the jewelry I liked most from their website and their blog.




GALACTICA Necklace from Claire Pain


>
Jewelry from Tatty Devine



Rabbit Necklace from ORIGAMI Jewelry



WENGE ring from EDDG



Banana Man from Haoshi Studio


I loved everything. I got even nervous when I took my camera and had to speak some french. I would have stayed more time, but I was feeling really timid and shy to speak to them. Hope next time I'm in Paris I can have a further look to everything....

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario