8.6.11

À Paris

Ah, I love Paris, specially when I have a good reason to visit it so often. This time I took my reflex camera with me, to try to improve my skills on photography, since it's not long since I got 'catched' by it. I find it curious to think I used to reject Photography in benefit of Art and Design. I used to have a wrong concept of it and I even thought that if I had to make proffesional photos, I should always have to control the object I am shooting. I remember having this conversation with 2 danish girls who where studying architecture in Vienna with me, and I explained that I would always modify and interphere with the object, to be a mediator between the photo and the observer. That is just a deformation of having being educated on an artistic background.

But, alas, at that time I had never made a photograph. Not a real one (digital compact cameras and mobile phones doesn't sound to me like real photography). Not a mechanical device. I had not heard the "click", the sound of the camera. How I arrived to hear it, that's another story which I might tell some other day, when I feel like it.

Wish I could have a long nice talk again with those two nice girls from Denmark which were so interested in Photography, with a coffee and maybe one of those delicious cakes they make. A photo is not a canvas. I think I'm happy to have learned that. It's not much but it's a start.

Here are some photos I took in Paris this weekend. The objects I photographied are not very interesting, for there are tons of photos of flowers and flohmarkets around the blogs of the world. However I felt I wanted to have my own photos of them, and move over to new things.


from the window seat




near le Panthéon.




at Le Marais














Delacroix Museum






lovely shop at Saint Germain




Marché de Saint Sulpice




Pavillon de l'Arsenal

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario